Following Him Beside Still Water nominated me for this and I accepted the challenge, because I feel this is a wonderful way to ‘pay it forward’ and acknowledge those who read, comment, and express their support for all of us out there pouring out our hearts. So, I have been leaving links in the comments for those I feel deserve the recognition, too…
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to.
A brief history of how my blog started:
Throughout the course of my life, I have encountered a great many challenges that have pulled and stretched my mind and my soul in various directions. It has been a test of the human spirit as I have battled my way through post-traumatic stress, attempts on taking my own life, and combating the strongholds of the days gone past. One day, as I sat at my computer staring at a blank page and wondering what I was going to do with everything that had been stuffed inside deep down, I started to pour out my heart in the form of crying out to God. The result of that turned into this blog. I kind of just hopped online, looked for a blog platform, and before I knew it I was texting my husband to let him know that I had just put my story online. I told him my hope was that at least ONE PERSON would benefit from reading my words and realizing they were not alone with all of the hurts and the wounds. And, well, here we are!
Advice to new bloggers:
Be transparent and just be who you are. Be open to uplifting and supporting those who may not share your beliefs, because the unity that can unfold is astounding. But, most importantly, just remain transparent and don’t cave in to the desire to cater to an audience or build your numbers. Just let it be what it is, pour your heart out, and then watch your community grow!!
Nominees, in no particular order:
Even if the following bloggers have taken this challenge or prefer not to, I am putting them here because they are worth getting to know. I wish could I sit here all day long and put every single blog I love on this list, but that would be impossible. So, I have to narrow it down to a few folks that I believe need some blog loving! And, if you do not see yourself here, just know that I have not forgotten you and you really do have a special place in my heart and in my bookmark list.
The Oxymoron Mom / Whitney / Real Life / Ahmeli / Travels with Choppy And now Miguel / For the Love of Poetry / Griote / MackMarie / History Speaks / Reflections of Love / Come Fly with Me
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
I was nominated by El Coleccionista Hipnótico and it is always a pleasure to see Bob Dylan tipping his at me. So, thank you!
Three Things about myself:
1: I am a word nerd.
2: I am very curious and love looking up facts about things. Whether or not I can retain those facts is an entirely different issue.
3: I love stormy days, unless I am obligated to be out and about in the rain.
El Coleccionista Hipnótico asked me these 5 questions:
- Would you walk the streets and enter a church disguised as a bishop if it was necessary in order to investigate a crime?
- Only if I got to dress like Sherlock Holmes and exclaim, “Elementary, my dear Watson! Elementary!”
- Which one is the best live show you have ever seen?
- This is a difficult one, because how do you ever narrow it down? I enjoyed Umphrey’s McGee live show quite a lot. And, I just saw a performance of Handel’s Messiah that is going down in my books, too.
- What is the funniest event you have ever experienced?
- Once upon a time, I was in several plays and had a few lead parts. In one lead part, I had to run around the audience as I was chased by a villain. I was supposed to exit a door on one side of the auditorium and someone forgot to unlock that door. I ran as fast as I could and ran right into the locked door, fell backwards onto the ground, and then jumped up to find another way out (had to stay in character!). The bang of my head hitting the door was loud and people wondered if it was all supposed to be part of the show. It was actually quite funny, even if I did end up with quite a headache!
- If you had to choose one between your favorite movies, which one it would be?
- I have loved so many indie films over the years and I have some favorite old classics. I love Christopher Guest’s ‘mockumentary’ movies. And, My husband and I still enjoy watching Casablanca together from time to time.
- What is the one thing you consider your main virtue?
- Loyalty. Even if you reject me or move out of my life for one reason or another, once I love you I will most likely always love you and have my door open for you. After that, it would be my compassion and empathy.
Right now, due to time constraints and not wanting to leave anyone out, I say to all of my readers: if you read my blog and want to be a part of this you are invited. Just let me know you will participate so I can share your link.
Just be sure to tell us three things about yourself and answer these five questions:
- What inspires you to write?
- If you could change the world, where would you start?
- What is something really silly about you?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you could take a trip to any location in the world, where would you go and why?
Rules For The Nominees:
- Display the award logo on your blog. √
- List the Rules. √
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. √
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. √
- Tell your readers three things about yourself. √
- Answer five questions from the nominee. √
- Nominate anywhere from ten to twenty bloggers. √
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog. √
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question. √
- Share the link to your best post. √
I got nominated to do the One Lovely Blog Award! I was nominated by A Thousand Bits of Paper and her encouragement has warmed my heart in ways I could not articulate! Thank you, Kate!
7 Facts About Me!
- I used to collect dictionaries (word nerd!) and my collection got destroyed when the basement flooded at our hold house. I need to start thrift hunting for a new collection soon. The thesaurus is included in my dictionary love.
- I have a sweet-nature, but I can be fiery and stubborn (my husband’s head will fall off if he nods any harder over that statement).
- I use coconut oil for everything; feet, hair, cooking, lotion for the baby, etc., etc..
- Sandalwood is my favorite scent (though I love a lot of scents). It can be difficult to find a nice sandalwood candle, lotion, essential oil, or soap, but I get extremely tickled when I find them.
- I am pleased and grateful over the small things. A kind word, a smile, a laugh, or a good joke can warm me up for hours and hours!
- My husband and I have a daughter, a son, two dogs, and a cat. Our house is full and it is full of love for each other. I love my family!
- I over-analyze and think too much. I am very introspective. This is a strength when I focus on God and all of the right things. It is my biggest enemy when I turn on myself and get stubborn about putting my focus back on the good things.
- I consider salad a comfort food. Big, crunchy chunks of lettuce, romaine hearts, a bit of spinach, tomatoes, carrot slices, cucumbers, chick peas, sunflower seeds, and…oh, no. I am craving a big salad now!
Gospel Isosceles / Leadership to Mommy / Prairie Girl / Riverbed / Coffee Bean Brain / Following Him Beside Still Waters / Daily Warriors / Dipping into the Heart / Reflections of Love / Mixed and Modest
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
Thank you to all who have been gathering around to form a family of people, all because of writing and pouring out our hearts!
Please feel free to leave your link or a link to someone else in the comments….